Blogger Widgets

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bye! Bye!



I am sorry to announce that I will not be making anymore Drama CD + Manga/Novel videos in the near future. Due to some reasons, I have lost my interest and passion to continue on this little corner in YouTube. It has become an unpleasant environment that I can't even think of new ideas, designs or styles without getting imitated or "borrowing ideas or styles" as they say.

I know that there are people who came before me, and I've become one of the Drama CD + Manga YouTubers just a year ago. The reason why I started was not because of a specific anyone or anything but the main reason was: I WAS BORED. Another reason is because I like expressing myself and try to be creative on different mediums. I've tried most of the Adobe products, 3D-modeling software, etc., but not so much on video visual effects, so another possible reason was I might've wanted to challenge myself since I haven't done this activity at that time. If you look at it, all are self-serving reasons.


Since I was a newbie on this a year ago, I had to think of new ideas, designs or styles that 
I can put in my videos to make them stand out and different and I contin
ued to do so in hope that people will recognize our videos through their style and variation. It's not all about releasing lots of videos and getting lots of views for me, but more so on wanting people to recognize, appreciate, enjoy and love the videos we put out. So it really bothers me when someone imitates a style in our videos and gets all the acknowledgement and credits. It's just... unfair. It's most incomprehensible when a person thinks that everything out on the internet can be use as a material on whatever he does. Usually, it's common courtesy to ask first especially if you're in the same field or give credit if you do not own or made "it", is it not? It's like it has become a dog-eat-dog world. 



Please don't even use the justification that I'm not the first to have thought of this or that, and that surely, someone out there has already done it. Haa~ Anyone who've thought of this retort.... Are you serious? (⊙_☉) Do you think I'm not aware of that? I wouldn't be this affected if the whole populace is considered. As I stated above, the AoE is this little corner in YouTube where Fujoshis or non-Fujoshis upload their Drama CD + Manga or Novel videos.




I wonder if I made my reason clear ( x . x )... I know it is irresponsible of me to just stop when I started something and decide to stop abruptly due to a selfish reason, but I just can't... continue this anymore. I can't continue especially when my happiness or creativity is compromised. I'm sure the same thing will happen again, and again, and again if I continue, and I might meet my maker.  Four days ago was the last straw...... Just seeing our Pursued Beast of the Night videos imitated... *sigh*


I am really sorry to those who are looking forward to the next track of Pursued Beast of the Night. But! I will not quit the group and I will still continue to look for video editors who will replace me or hopefully, someone will join us. I'll still work on Hisho Ikuseichuu and I might just focus on scanlation now.

P.S.
This experience reminds me of:
I feel you Kyoko...